Pierre Baillette - 'Coeur de Villages' Brut Nature NV (Last Bottle!)

Biodynamic / Organic

$380.00 

  • Pierre Baillette - 'Coeur de Villages' Brut Nature NV (Last Bottle!)
  • Pierre Baillette - 'Coeur de Villages' Brut Nature NV (Last Bottle!)
  • Pierre Baillette - 'Coeur de Villages' Brut Nature NV (Last Bottle!)

This product is currently sold out.

  • Notes
  • Info
  • Reviews
  • History
  • Pierre Baillette is a tiny producer based out of Troits Puits, a village south of Reims, who we've exclusively brought into Hong Kong for the first time ever. Their wines are elegant, chalky, and full of finesse, which is the result of impeccable vineyard work. 

    There is 0 g/l of dosage in this blend, meaning there's absolutely nothing to mask any flaws. And as a testament to the estate's desire for making honest, quality wine, 70% of this cuvée comes from the excellent 2010 vintage, and the remaining 30% of that is from even older reserve wine. It's 60% Pinot Noir from Rilly la Montagne, and 40% Chardonnay from Troits Puits.

    They just disgorged this in July of 2015, giving the wine plenty of time to settle, but it will age easily over the next decade. Expect a focused and mineral Champagne, but with a nicely vinous depth.

  • Annual Production: N/A
    Blend: 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay
    Terroir: Limestone soil
    Viticulture: Biodynamic
    Winemaking: N/A
    Disgorgement Date: July 2015
    Dosage: 0 g/l

    Alcohol: 12%
    Drinking Window: 2016-2026

  •  N/A

  • Pierre Baillette is a biodynamic grower based out of Troits Puits, a village near Reims. They make mostly premier cru wine, but have a very small production. They own a total of 3.65 hectares of vineyards in Trois Puits, Rilly-la-Montagne, and Verzenay.

    The winemaker is Périne Baillette and the estate favours a low dosage style, championing the raw energy of their wines. Every year, they only make around 13,000 bottles, but each one is of a remarkably high quality.

Similar Products